User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2003 5:42:26 AM EDT
Decent prices for milled ak's.

www.gunsnstuff.net/html/hs2-p3.html
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, that addy will take you to the Federal Arms Corporation website.

Their Arsenal of Bulgaria guns are the SLR-101 single stack mag version, and the converted to double stack SLR-101.

They also sell the Arsenal Inc SA M-7 series of rifles, which are made here in the USA, and are licensed by the Arsenal of Bulgaria Company. They are double stack mag shooters, and were built that way from scratch (no modification needed during assembly). All components are new (as with the SLR-101's), and the receiver and fire control groups are manufactured here in the US using the proper forged and milled method used by the Bulgarians. The SA M-7 series are a bit pricier, but again, they are not converted single stack guns. Instead, they are built from scratch to be what they are.

Arsenal Inc of Nevada is the first AK builder here in the U.S. to be licensed by a true former Com Bloc AK builder (Arsenal of Bulgaria).
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Went and shot my SLR101S Hi cap today.Very nice.Its my favorite AK rifle .My only milled.It has a butter smooth action.AK accurate.$500 Funshow in Atlanta.It don't matter SLR101S or SAM 7 both are great rifles and will last your life time and probaly your kids.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Also picked up an SLR101S this weekend at a local funshow for $510.  I've only managed to put about 60 rounds through her, but she shoots straight and true.  My only modification so far has been to ditch the stock FCG in favor of an RSA unit.  The stock trigger was nice, but a little too long for my tastes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I may buy one of those Bulgarian milled AK's, quite tempting...but...I saw a POLYTECH stamped receiver AK running for about $400.00.  I have a bunch of east-euro AK's already...The Polytech would be a nice addition to my collection. The price Polytech's are going for these days, I think at $400.00 this is a good purchase. Anybody agree or did I miss something?

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the choice, of course, is all yours.

I would like to remind you though that the SLR-101 double stack rifle goes through a conversion process which includes some parts replacement and some milling to make it possible.

The SA M-7 model does not go through any modifications at all, and is built from scratch as a double stack shooter.

Some SLR-101's seems to have a hard time accepting drum mags and some standard 30 & 40 round mags without further modification to the gun or mags themselves. This does not seem to be a problem at all with the SA M-7 variants.

While an SLR-101 double stack may save you a few bucks, the SA M-7 will not hold the stigma of being a conversion gun. This may not even be a big deal to you anyway, but I figured I'd throw that in for you to possibly consider (if indeed you choose to go with a Bulgarian gun). The SA M-7 runs $534 dealer cost through FAC, and has the added benefit of having the proper cleaning rod attachments for under the barrel storage :)
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta have the cleaning rod there...it just doesn't look right without it.

If I do order a Bulgarian, the SA M-7 would be my choice.  Heck, I just may buy both of them and still be under $1000.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Hope you enjoy :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top