Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 5:21:30 AM EDT
I was going to put one of those Red Star Arms triggers in my new SAR1 but found they were around eighty bucks. I am a cheap bastard so I think I'll order a Kobra red dot sight instead and leave the trigger alone.

What would you do first, trigger or sight ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The RSA FCG would be a definite "operation" improvement to your SAR.  The ability to fine tune the trigger group will do wonders for "bump-firing."  None of my AKs have Red Dot sights, but most of them have RSA FCGs installed.

KF
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the RSA trigger group first.  Don't you find the trigger slap annoying?  
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of the SARs had the trigger slap, and some didn't.  One of my SAR3s had it, but the other SAR3 did not.

KF
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
SAR US trigger parts all vary some, I even found one that was pretty darned good. Depends on what you are starting with.. if your shot release is not smooth and very predictable then do the trigger first.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I would upgrade the trigger first.  I have mine adjusted to a very nice single stage - can't imagine going back to the Century triggers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
If you follow the gunsite doctrine for a tactical carbine the following mods would be desirable.....

A quality sighting system
Adjustable trigger
Tactical light.

In the AK case I would opt for a quality trigger then for an optical sight if wanted..
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Let's take laziness in consideration here. You could have that Kobra mounted on in minutes & be on the range having fun. That trigger will take some work & besides the trigger you have now works.

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
OK. I'll put the trigger ahead of the scope.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Definatly the trigger, Learn to shot your
sar without using the sites and spend the red dot money on ammo...

The whole idea of the red dot is fast target acquisition, with a rifle that will recoil you off target IMO they are of little to know use, with a little practice you can teach yourself to put rounds on target by looking OVER the sites..
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Coltshorty..

Add a good working AK74 style brake and you will have quick second shot followup...with or without optical sights IMHO
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Just installed RSA trigger in my AK per advice on this forum,

THANKS GUYS!

Truly a fine addition to any AK and well worth the price, I am a cheap bastard too, and was sceptical that it would be worth it. It is.

Travis F.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top