Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 10:37:24 AM EDT
WOW!  Just installed the Red Star Arms trigger kit and it is AWESOME!  Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, but DAMN!  What a frigging difference it makes!

I have a new SAR 2, and I had to do a bit of fitting to get the trigger kit in.  Wasn't too bad though.  I had to remove some of the receiver from in front of the trigger well as it caused the trigger and sear to 'HANG' and not travel to the downward resting position.

I also got the Shephards Hook replacement plate, went in smooth and easy, screw that 'ABORTION'/shepherds-hook!!!

In addition to all that I got the Extended mag release, it's nice to do a trigger finger MAG release now!

I bought the package deal, and included was the gas piston/rod.  

Does the new gas piston make a difference over the old stock piston???

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
speaking of the mag release  how much faster is the change time now on a mag?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
fixes the trigger slap too!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
1179-  I don't know about 'seconds saving' but it is faster in that ones hand can stay on the pistol grip and use the trigger finger to trip the mag release while the non-firing hand fishes a mag out and inserts.

Not quite AR quick as one would still need to re-cycle the bolt on an empty chamber, but quicker than the non-firing hand removing mag and then getting mag to re-insert.

The extended mag release is ambidexterous too.

CAMPYBOB-  Again, you are VERY right.  I wish to extend to you, among others on this forum, a 'THANK YOU' for all the info and easing in the crossing-over to the DARK SIDE!

I suspected as much with the gas piston, but wanted to query the Wise, I will add the piston rod to the soon to be growing AK spare parts bin....
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I just installed one too.

Excellent trigger, will be buying another.

And then another AK, and another trigger, etc.

RSA is to AK as JP is to AR .

Beautiful!

Thanks for the advice guys !

Travis F.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Life is good.....

Ken Roberts and Redstar Arms are a big asset to our AK Family.

KF
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top