Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2003 4:20:56 PM EDT
The 'AK weaponforums.com' logo.  The magazine just looks dis-proportionate.  It's too straight to be a 7.62 mag, and too curved to be a 5.xx mag.  It's also way too long too...

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. It's been bugging me for a year, and I had to know if I'm the only one.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in complete agreement Tec.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That's an old pic of a Type I AK47 that has been floating around the net for a long time.  It might have been stretched a little when they made it into the logo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
When we get cabin fever this winter we will badger them for a proper 5.45 AK with black poly stock, brake and PSO 4x24 scope for the logo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought you were going to be complaining about the communist USSR flag.  That bothers me more than the out of proportion rifle.  But not that much.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:25:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I thought you meant the flag too at first. That flag doesn't bother me anymore. We won and they lost. It reminds me of how great the US is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The flag doesn't bother me at all. It's appropriate.

But now that you mention the mag....

I know...it's a 5.45 mag not fully seated...yeah, yeah, that's it!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, I thought you meant the flag too at first. That flag doesn't bother me anymore. We won and they lost. It reminds me of how great the US is.

Amen, Brother!  That flag used to stand for the "EVIL EMPIRE"!  Now it is just a foot-note to history!  Politics!  Strange isn't it?  

It really got weird for me when I was in Bosnia & then later Kosovo working WITH the RUSSIANS!  DAMN GOOD people!   Very straight forward, if they don't like you, I don't care WHO you are, they'll tell you!    PROUD people!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about a 5.45 wit plastic; I kind of dig the old school vibe with the type 1.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top