Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2003 12:41:51 PM EDT
Check out 308@noon's posts www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88526
WTF! I guess I better run home and "demil" my AK-74.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Strange that InRange didn't warn me that I was breaking the law. We discussed a build I was doing using screws, I asked what size to use, and he told me.
I reread the original post by whatsisname, and saw he mentioned getting that info from AK47.nutz. Well, that anwsers that question. Any moron knows you can't trust info from that site. More than likely he's a mole, sent over to cause trouble.
                    OJF
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I read the whole thread, and by that guys logic, owning both a shotgun and a hacksaw would violate ATF's regs.

Guess I need a homemade (screwed together) AK and a krink kit for those 'tactical bbl. changes'...
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The logic makes little sense.  Personally, it would be easier to press out the barrel and install a shorter one vs. removing all those screws and then *still* having to re-headspace after you re-screw.  I swear some of us are nuts.

What I'm more worried about is some of these pissing matchese turning into calls/letters generating an official ATF stance on the issue, but I'm sure it will happen eventually...we have too many hotheads who are too concerned with proving their point on an internet thread.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if 308@noon got all of his information calling the ATF and asking his questions to the first person who answers the phone?

THOSE people always say NO because they don't know ANYTHING.  To get THE answer you need to write a letter to the Technology Dept.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
It's easier than that.  Go to the reguns.com website, check the court case database, and see how often F-Troop gets its ass handed to themselves over chickenSh1+ stuff like this.  They wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.  Even they aren't that stupid...I think.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Somebody tried to drag me into that over there. I can't see any reason you can't do it. Hell you can change out an upper on an AR quicker. I know SEVERAL people who have built nice screwed together AKs.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know guys.......this all has me kinda scared!!!

Think I'll take my screw-together-Bulgie 74 out to the garage and bust her up with a sledge hammer...just to play it safe!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Now, now, You know they wouldn't misdirect anyone or mislead them over there.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm the one that started the thread and expected a reply or two, little did I know what was going to happen. Thanks for the info!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top