Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 6:27:17 PM EDT
I looked in KVARs website and emailed regarding furniture options for my newly acquired SAR1...no reply yet
will any of the listed furniture fit the SAR1?
I am interested in the Olive green polymer, possibly the plum or all black
post pics please for me
the other question is the easiest way to mount the AK74 brake but seems noone gets back to me about it.

If not does anyone want to trade plus cash for my SAR1 Laminated with about 140 rounds thru it for a nicely done furnitured, braked SAR1...sorry but i only have a 10 rounder for it though. Peoples republic of NJ...

I am new to the AK47 series and dont know much about them yet so please bear with me here
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I can cover this pretty well:

Any of the furniture there which is described as being for stamped AKs will fit your SAR1.  Keep in mind that all AK furniture requires some fitting to individual guns, but it's almost never hard with even very basic tools.  

The easiest way to attach a 74 brake would be to get the AK-USA (AK-103.com) adapter (they have one specifically for Romanian barrels) and their US-made copy of the brake and do it that way.  You would still need to permanently attach the brake to the threaded adaptor, but I have no idea as to your capabilities in that area.  

Pick a color you like best in the synthetic furniture and go with it.  

www.ak-103.com

Go to the gallery and you will find tons of picture of AKs with all sorts of furniture for reference.  The brake and adaptor are in the parts section.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with an all BLACK furniture set for your SAR1.   It looks very kool especially with a steel vented  top handguard grip.  If you want a loud brake for your SAR1, go for a  Smithy.

Tapco is selling a folding stock for like $30 bucks which will fit your SAR1.  But I think that may qualify the folding stock  as an "evil" feature.  God I hope the laws expire next year!

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I just happen to have my old order confirmation from Kvar in my top right desk drawer.

I put the US OD green extended length stocks on my SAR1. Part numbers is AKGSL.

Make sure you sign up for their discussion forum, you can get a % off your order.

Check out:
www.k-var.com/search.asp?7=AKGSL&1=Go

Stocks are really easy to put on.

A buddy of mine from another forum has the OD stocks on his Sar1. Here is a pick of his. I need to invest in a digital camera soon. The only problem is I would rather buy more gun stuff. Mine looks just like this:

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
nice AK your buddy has
I think I might go that route
I like the green but then again black would match my evil black rifle also
I gotta see what to do
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I like my AR's black & my Ak's all sorts of colors. Only problem with going green, is that most other accesories are black. I finally found a place that make green foregrips.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Another option for a muzzle brake is the AK-74 type brake with 14mm threads.  It slipped (snug) right on the end of my SARs, and then a I had a bit of weld added to the bottom to make it permanent.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Jason at investmentgradefirearms.com is selling 22mm adapters for $29. Buy one, press it on your barrel, tack weld it onto your FSB, and since it's 22mm, the comp will not need to be permanantly mounted.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
thats a nice krink
i think kvar has the green stocks
i just dont want to get the longer buttstock they have though
i like real short entry size stocks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top