Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2003 11:04:42 AM EDT
I was thinking about buying a receiver from DENNYS GUNS and attempt a build. I've done numerous AR's but know nothing about building an AK. Where can I get parts kits? I saw someone had MAC90 parts kits for $99 but didn't have a front or rear truition?? Don't know what that is but I'm sure i need it LOL. Since these receivers are set up for chi-com parts I figured a MAC kit would be the way to go but I really don't know shit.  Any help is MUCH APPRICIATED!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
AFTER YOU GET ALL THE PARTS and have built your AK, you must MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE HEAD SPACING!

YOU CAN BUY 7.62 head space checkers from a couple of different companies.  Your going to need two of them.  (1) NO-GO and (2) GO

Be safe and have fun shooting your new rifle. :)
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Screw the mak 90 kit, it ain't no bargain at 99.00. You also have to buy a front trunnion at 40.00, a rear trunnion at 25.00, a triggerguard at 10.00 for a total of 174.00, and you still don't have the receiver. get a real military surplus ak kit, hesse receiver, and you're set. AMD65 hungarian folding stock ak for 105.00, hesse receiver from (yeech)JoeKen firearms, for 39.95 + 13.00 shipping+ whatever your dealer charges for signing over the receiver, or buy a IBE bent blank receiver for 29.00, and punch all the holes yourself. Just don't buy that fuckin piece of chinese crap mak 90!
                 OJF
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top