Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2003 10:08:43 AM EDT
to Troy Sellers for the Krink folding stock SBR conversion.  

Maybe some of you remember the trouble that I had coming up with the host gun, almost getting screwed for $1000 over on GunsAmerica.  I ended up getting the money back and got a better deal on a milled receiver pre-ban PolyTech that the 7.62 Krink kit from K-VAR will be put on.  I still need to get the 4-piece flash suppressor but there will be time while the paperwork clears.

Can't wait.
Mario_FAMOInc  
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent.....

Let us know when it gets close to receiving your rifle back.  I'm sure all of us will enjoy seeing the finished product......

On a side note.....Aren't you glad you didn't have to wait over two years......

KF
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it gonna be an underfolder?  

While a 7.62x39 Milled Krink is hardly authentic AKSU material (unless you count those Bulgarian exports), it will surely be a sweet peice in it's own right.

Also, what kind of furniture did you go with? Blond, Reddish Bulgarian, Laminate?  

You should try and snag a Russian 7.62 Bakelite mag for this thing, as it would be a nice touch for a project like this.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
KF,
Yes, the wait will be bad enough as it is.  
10-4 on the pics.

AJjer_bullets,
I was going to go with the underfolder so as to be a bit more "correct" but I have never seen one that didn't wobble over time, and the side flder shoulder/sights better for me.  The underfolder looks great when folded though.
The foreend is reddish wood Bugarian and the pistol grip is the old style wooden one, also reddish in color.  I hadn't thought about the bakolite mag, good idea.

Mario_FAMOInc
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
to Troy Sellers for the Krink folding stock SBR conversion.  

Maybe some of you remember the trouble that I had coming up with the host gun, almost getting screwed for $1000 over on GunsAmerica.  I ended up getting the money back and got a better deal on a milled receiver pre-ban PolyTech that the 7.62 Krink kit from K-VAR will be put on.  I still need to get the 4-piece flash suppressor but there will be time while the paperwork clears.

Can't wait.
Mario_FAMOInc  

dont look back Mario I am right behind ya I just bought a Krink kit in 5.45 X 39.5 sidefolder and a pre-ban 84S .223 for an SBR project just waiting for the paperwork to clear.....The waiting is killing me!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
So if I get a .223 Norinco 84-S pre-ban, I can have that converted to 5.45, it'll take normal 5.45 mags, and I can put all the nasty bits on it that I want (pistol grip, flash hider, folding stock, bayo lug, whatever?)??
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not seen a bayo lug on a Krink yet, I figure it's original design was for armored crew members whose use of a Krink would be secondary so their need for a bayo lug would be less....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top