Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2003 8:46:52 PM EDT
I've got a bug for another '74. I like the looks of the upcoming SSR-74-2's from Global Trades. I had a Romanian a few years ago and loved the accuracy and low recoil, just did not like the naked muzzle (no 74 brake). I also had a pre-ban 'style' AK74 from Tennessee Guns but it was a non-functioning weapon (stove piped empties during ejection).
Should I wait for the SSR-74's or their other/better choices?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Have kit built by one of the good builders.  

OR, there are some other options, like for example watch the equiptment exchange/classifieds on "the other site" (AK-47.net).   I suggest this simply because their classifieds see a much higher volume of AK-related items then the ones here.  

I have seen quite a few kit built jobs being sold by individuals over there for good prices.  

Last thing I can think of is perhaps Ohio Rapid Fire.  I think they can build 74s to order, but I'm not 100% sure.  Someone can clear that up I'm sure.

Oh, almost forgot.  What I did was order the "AK-74M" from Krebs Custom.  It's the high-end answer to your question, running at $1000, but it's very high quality.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Bulgy 74 kit and custom build is the best deal right now IMO for a top notch 5.45. Mine gets 2 1/2" groups and is my favorite gun out of a dozen calibers on hand. I think gunsnstuff.com has the kits still for $192. Roughly $700 total after all parts choices and builder issues are done.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the recommendation to get a kit and have a builder put it together.

I spoke with Troy Sellars (InRange) yesterday and he is finishing up the latest Krinkov Project.  His next run of weapons will be a batch of AK-74s.  Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire can build AKs just about anytime.

Troy Sellars built AK-74:

Mike at ORF built AK-74:

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top