Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2003 3:52:27 PM EDT
Well I have been wanting one for a couple years. Went to the gun shop with some cash today and walked out with a Bulgarian by Arsenal. I have been reading and I believe I bought a good one???? It's a model SLR 101S. Says Made in Bulgaria on one side but says Arsenal Las Vegas Nevada on the other side. Where was it made? I take it the wrench in the cleaning kit is for adjusting front sight? But what is the small punch for? Came with green stock. Not the thumbhole stock. Cant stand the look of those. Where can I get black to fit? Have a couple of AR'S without a brake. Never shot a braked rifle. Are AK'S extremely loud with the brake or could you take a shot or two in a hunting situation without too much harm. And I paid $579+tx. Did I get ripped. Bout the cheapest I found in my area. Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice purchase, I bought a SLR101gs 2 months ago and I love it! The receiver is made in Bulgaria and it has the 5 parts for 922r compliance.If you want to change the stock check out k-var, they have the US made black polymer sets for milled guns.The price you paid is about the going rate.I belive I paid the same price as you.As for the brake thats a matter of personal prefrence, I really didn't notice much of difference with it while shooting.Well good luck with your new toy.You will quickly find out how awesome this rifle is so you better stock up on the 7.62x39!
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#2]
sigshooterg,

Sounds like you got yourself a good rifle. I have a Bulgarian SLR-100H and love it. Consensus seems to be that the Bulgarian rifles are pretty good. You’ll have to try it out and let us know how it does.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
the bulgarians are very nice.

as far as 'entry level' AKs on the market they are more spendy than the romanians but from all I have read (I own a romanian and have only fondeled a bulragian).

for the furniture, try kvar.  you can get balck poly for under $80 from them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice gun/deal. KVAR for the replacement stock in black of same quality. Should also be able to sell the green set on the boards in 30 days at a fair price. Don't worry about the brake noise, little more than a bare bbl.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top