Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 2:11:13 PM EDT
I will soon have my new SAR-2 and have yet another question. With an chrome barrel how fast can I let the ammo rip without hurting the barrel? Thanks Jared
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
lol, you will have to worry about burning your hand  first. the ak gets very hot when your burning through mags as fast as you can. i have had my barrel red hot and smoking like bowhunt at a weenie roast.
john
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
you can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger and that wouldnt hurt your barrel! but
you might strain your trigger finger
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You’ll deplete the ole ammo can too.

Biggest thing to watch out for is sustained rate of fire it’s a much bigger problem with weapons like the M-16 (12-15 rounds). Problem is, pressure (heat) builds in the gas system and things start to go wrong.

If you’re only shooting semi auto there is no problem, time between shots lets the pressure dissipate. I’ve seen AK bump fire a 75 round drum without any problems, but I do know (from experience) a100 round burst out of an M-16 wih a Beta mag will melt the gas tube.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top