Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 10:24:14 PM EDT
I think they are refinished and actually not brand new from the factory new as advertised, here is why:

I bought three packs of the Polish, AK magazines NIW That means 5 per wrapped pack -15 magazines that were supposed to be New In Wrap.

Well, since I love getting new mags and I fondle them after I break open the wrap I noticed a few things about these "NIW" mags:

1 3 out of 5 packs of mags have ding marks like they were used as hammers hammering one of the AK pin punches in the cleaning kits.

2 Almost all of them had two initials and number hand engraved on the spine if the magazine but are very hard to see because there was a coat of either blue finish or a light perkerization {SP?}

3 Some of the magazines florplates are very wobbly (Something I have noticed out of well used mags)

4 not all magazines IN THE SAME wrap have the same or have at all the factory hallmark.

I do have to say they are still great quality mags, but I have much suspect that they are actually unissued.

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
M4, you already know you're right, guess I'll second that. "Unissued" is an overused term, I'd be willing to bet the seller took it at face value and didn't inspect every parcel, they know folks who buy "new in wrap" items want those items "niw". As long as they're not defective and cost was relative to what was received I'd have no major complaints. I'd be more disappointed in an individual than a wholesaler/retailer if I received something other than what I thought I'd ordered but it might be worth your while to contact the seller regardless.

JMHO, if you're truly disappointed with your purchase I'd contact the dealer. Otherwise, I'd pick the mags I disliked and use them the most, stash the rest back.

JMHO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
M4, are you sure the guy didn't tell you:

"5 mags, in new wrap" ??
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
M4, are you sure the guy didn't tell you:

"5 mags, in new wrap" ??

You were with me when I bought the last pack of mags. Then I really saw the pattern.

Like I said They are really great mags and I intend to buy many more. I just wanted it to be in the open that I dont think they are unissued like many believe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my Polish mags from AIM www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Rifle_Magazines.html

They list them as being Excellent Condition not New in the Wrap. Not sure where you got yours but sounds like an honest mistake to me.

I ordered 4 mags the 1st time around and plan on getting 10 more Thursday (direct deposit payday). Of my 4, one mag had the base plate on backwards (I got a laugh out of that, them being Polish and all) one was discolored, reddish black on the feed lips. One had a bent base plate like yours. I bent it back. Overall they all work and they are so darn cheap!

No complaints here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have an opinion in a couple of hours when the BBT drops off the 10 pack I ordered from AIM.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought some steel and synthetic Polish AK mags from AIM. They were NEW, unissued.

Drue
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top