Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2003 6:28:10 PM EDT
Anyone out there up for trading a Romanian rolled steel-rod one for a stamped? Its very strong, but I just would rathar have a Chinese or Polish type on my rifle. Found a cheek pad that'll attach to the 'folder, but only to stamped sorts.

Also need a good source for some rivits. I cannot tolarate the ugliness of the stainless steel screws holding my rear trunnion in and wish to replace them with rivits, along with the two magwell screws.

What I need are four 1/5" dia rivits that would be wide enough to go all the way through the back of my AKM reciever and give me enough on the other side to affix them (maybe 3"?). I can cut the other two to fit in the magwell which I used the same sized bit/screws for.

Also thinking about a barrel end mod- either a Galil type front sight mount on the gas block, removing and planeing down the RSB and attaching a peep sight on the rear of the dust cover, or removing the FSB and gas block and mounting an AK103/Krinkov type FSB about 3" back of where the handguards start now.

As I'd just sleeve the original gas hole and put a fake can over the barrel, I'm not worried about the problems that a 7.62x39 SBR would face...but its a little more expensive than the first idea.

Any thoughts?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top