Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2003 7:55:49 PM EDT
Saw a rifle at the fun show today that really had me going but I wanted to find out some more about it and see what you all thought.

The rifle was a Yugoslavian 308. On the right side of the receiver in very small lettering was written model, past that something had been ground off the receiver and the designation M90 had been engraved by hand.

The rifle looked to have some wear to the finish it had a removable flash hider and what appeared to be some kind of adjustment for the gas system. The rifle was wearing a plastic Dragunov style stock like the one pictured below, and except for that stock, the rifle looked similar to the rifle pictured below. On the price tag was $900 that had been crossed out and $695 written as the new price.

Based on the brief description and the two pics, do any of you have any idea what this is and if it is worth $695?

Thanks, J

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about the Yugo AKs, but I believe what you saw is an illegally configured post-ban M76 (M90).  The side probably said 76 on it, then was changed prior to, or after import when it was changed to post-89 config.  The gun was probably legal until the removable flash-hider you speak of was added.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top