Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2003 3:10:24 PM EDT
Anyone seen/shot one of those VZ2000 being made by Ohio Ordnance Works?  Interested in any comments good, bad, or indifferent.  I do apologize for posting this on the AK forum, but they look an awful lot alike.  Besides I figured the AK crowd would know about them that the AR crowd.

Thanks,
Todd  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen it.....too ugly......it's almost as bad as the AN-94 Abakan.....

KF
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they are pretty good looking rifles.  A lot of people whome I've talked to about them say they think they're ugly, but I like the unique "lanky" look.  

They are known as being built to excellent standards by OOW, as they should be for the price.  

For a collector gun that can shoot well too, they look like a good deal to me.  

The price really isn't that bad considering that you could buy high-end AR for about the same and not turn half as many heads at the range as the VZ.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read that the VZ is both lighter and smaller than any Kalishnikov made? I think this is in SGN IIRC?

I think it looks sweet, dont like the grey color, but OOW had one at the Pittsburgh gunshow last time that had wood and was parked, it was really nice, looks a hell of alot more compilcated than a AK though...

In conclusion I want one, Pittsburgh funshow this W/E I may haul sum stuff up to sell and get one....
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a chance to shoot one a few months back. Pretty nice device.
It's a lot more finely produced weapon than most Kalashnikovs. I'm not sure what, if anything this says about the internal tolerances.
It shot just about the same 2.25" @ 100 yards as my Legend.
Although I didn't actually weigh it, it's a whole bunch lighter than a milled-receiver AK. Consequently, it kicks a tad bit more.
The disassembly proceedure is a little odd and not at all obvious until you get the hang of it.
T&E summary: Pretty nifty.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top