BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2003 7:32:01 AM EDT
hey guys are the sar days over?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
They appear to be for now.  They were reported to be two years ago, but it seems that more just happened to be imported.  It would seem this is the result of the Romanians finding out what those things sell for, and wanting more money for them.  We shall see what happens.  Saw one in a gunshop this week for $499.  I almost started laughing.  The guy telling me the ATF banned import. I told him to save it for the guys that don't read enough.  At any rate, where there is demand supply will come to meet it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
At any rate, where there is demand supply will come to meet it.

I agree.  I'd be real surprised if some outfit like EAA wasn't in discussions right now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
No way IMHO!
I suspect that there will be a 1 year hiatus until any AWB configuration issues are confirmed, then they will be back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but the import ban will have it's way anyway.  There would be no reason to stop bringing them in the whole time, and simply change what they do to them after they arrive.

I think that it will take a LONG time for the actual value of the SARs to rise. There are so many that they will probably gain about as much value as steel AK mags do.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO, the prices of SAR's won't rise that much.  There will be some point at which people will just pony up the extra money and get a $500 U.S. made AK.  My guess is that if SAR's go north of $400, then you'll probably see this happening.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there more info about this somewhere? What happened?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to West Palm Beach gun show today saw plenty of Sar's mostly Sar-1's and even some laminated ones. $350 with a hi-cap mag was about the highest price but here in Florida you could probably knock it down a little with cash....
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I own 3 Rom Aks, so you see I really like them. I was told last week by a gun store owner I trust that there starting to dry up.....I know its been rumored for a long time. I also understand that the BATF has something to do with it also, I think its a few things that are causing it. We ought to know for sure in about 6 months, they will either start drying up or still be available. If they start to dry up you will see prices go up.....who knows.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
As I was buying my SAR-1 last week the dealer was telling me they stopped importing them. He didn't know why. But the next ones would have thumbhole stocks on them. I passed it off as a sales pitch until I got home and started snooping around here and found out it seems Century is ceasing importing these things. But I don't know if my dealer was correct about the thumbhole stocks or not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I've heard the same about future SAR having thumbholes.  Local fun store owner said that after I bought my SAR1 two weeks ago.  Ordered SAR2 from AIM last Tuesday.  Case of ammo arrived today.  Now I have hundreds of rounds and only one 30rd mag coming with the rifle.

I wanna SAR3 already!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I have two SAR3s.

I'm willing to cut one loose if there is a board member who needs one.

If you're interested in a SAR3 with black polymer furniture, and permanently attached muzzle brake (comes with two Bulgarian Black Polymer mags) let me know.

$400.00

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Got a message from Bandito and then Maynard.

Bandito, you wanted additional information on the SAR 3.....It's basically a stock model, with upgrade of black polymer furniture, and a permanently attached brake.

Maynard, if Bandito does not want it, it will available to you if you want it.

KF
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#13]
You've got mail

Rick
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#14]
sold pending receipt of funds.

KF
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#15]
i'm verys sad to see the sar-2 go
john
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#16]
AAACK
dammit i have been trying to get a hold of a SAR like that in any caliber
I have had two sellers flake on me
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
not fair

NOW!!!!
i think that deserves a picture of that cute RED STAR godess to appease my anger
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
AAACK
dammit i have been trying to get a hold of a SAR like that in any caliber
I have had two sellers flake on me
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
not fair

NOW!!!!
i think that deserves a picture of that cute RED STAR godess to appease my anger

If you really want one I was planning on selling the SAR-2 pictured below this weekend at the gun show in Valley Forge (the gun has the cleaning rod installed, too. It just wasn't there for the picture). I'll admit I'm asking top dollar.

SAR-2
RSA FCG and Shepherds hook
K-VAR US Polymer furniture
Real Romanian FSB and threaded AK-74 Brake
Kobra Optic
10 EG 30-round mags
500 rounds 5.45 x 39

I was planning on asking $750 for the package, so you can see why people would suggest you just get one built

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:11:10 AM EDT
[#18]
keep me posted if it doesnt sell...I am waiting on a loan to pay off my radiology school tuition and I will have some left over.
it should be disbursed this week sometime
let me know
i have no idea where to get one built hence why im looking for one already done
jonas
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top