Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2003 7:02:42 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a SAR-2.  Aimsurplus.com seems to have really good prices on these.  Anybody ever bought one from this place?  If so what do you think of the quality, etc??  I figured I would pick up an SKS from them as well anybody gotten one of those from them as well?  If so which model?

Thanks alot!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought many rifles from Aim, as well as 2 Sar-2's.  I bought them a couple of years ago, but the quality was very good.  They have very good quality products and their customer service is great.  I would order from them again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't hesitate!  These are the last of the SAR-2's, and they won't last much longer.  Aimsurplus has great customer service, and they are a great company to deal with.

I need to get one of thos Yugo SKS's as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my sar2 and my sar3 from them. great customer
service.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Got my SAR2 2000 model from them back when they were on sale for $239 (still have the flyer) and SAR QC has done nothing but improve.
May as well get the Yugo also. Bores are not chromed, most of their home ammo is corrosive, so get the best grade like new/exc and enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
the SAR 2 bore is chrome lined, correct?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]
YEP sure is
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Campy Clone

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Spent the extra $10.00 for a hand picked one. I was not disappointed when it arrived. The wood is light colored and beautiful. May need a coat of polyurethane though. I picked up another SAR 2 with black furniture at a funshow a day before that one came in. I thought I may sell the one from aimsurplus, but when I saw it, I decided it was so nice I had to keep it. It remains virginal in my big metal box....
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
When I ordered my sar 2 from aim, they told me I would have to re-order because my ffl had not arrived. Well I called the next day to inquire about the ffl and they told me it was there and I could go ahead and order. Well I placed another internet order but got an e-mail that night stating that the order would not be accepted due to my ffl was not on file, again. So I called the next day to make sure that there were no mix-ups and re-ordered over the internet. This week my ffl calls me to tell me that my rifle had arrived and to arrange for pick-up, so I did and everything was straight. To my surprise, my ffl calls me again the next day and tells me there is another rifle waiting for me from aim. So I got two sar 2s now. I figure one I will shoot and the other will stay in the safe untouched with the tag attached to the trigger guard. Even though I didn't want two sars, at this price they are both worth keeping. And yes I paid for both of them, it was aims mix-up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top