Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 6:55:34 PM EDT
See my webshots album. community.webshots.com/user/keith_sparks

I got tired of the scratched up badly machined romanian carrier I had. So I polished it up. Darn near looks chrome. What do you guys think? A little too polished? Looks out of place? I was thinking of rebluing, but I dunno.

Thanks for any opinions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks cool. Really shiny though, shows all the imperfections.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice AK! I like OD furniture. That doesn't look like Kvar stuff though. What is it?
Is there an advantage to a polished carrier? I know a lot of AK's have them. It looks kewl. I don't imagine it's any more tactical. Kinda like the female marine I saw on Wings tonight, who was in the field with diamond earrings on. Well, not quite that bad, sorry.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I know what you mean about the imperfections. I don't know if I should continue polishing and correcting these imperfections, or blue it. Oh well.

The furniture is the origional romanian stuff with OD krylon (or was it rustoleum? forgot). After a cleaning I realized that paint doesn't like solvent, so I re did it and minwaxed it. Good so far. I wish I sprayed the minwax though, it looks like someone smeared elmers glue all over it. either way it works and looks OK.

Diamond earrings in the field? LOL I know there's no advantage, but I thought it would look cool. I'm just tinkering.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I went the same route. Polish... didn't like. Cold blue...Forget it. Now, went back to flat black, using high temp ceramic engine paint. Good to go!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Its how I made mine, I love it! The flash of silver going back and forth while pumping round after round into whatever target or berm ....ok ..um im gonna relax now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Did the same mod to mine too, looks just like that one ^^^^ up their to the left at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we should steer clear of ethnic jokes, like I Polished up a Romainian carrier. Is that analougous to a money having a intimate relationship with a football ?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top