Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/8/2003 2:55:39 PM EDT
This evening while waiting for my wife to finish dinner, I went to my workshop to clean my AR from yesterdays range session.

While I have it open I decided to pull the buffer and spring just as my 11 year old walks in.  He shot an AR other than rimfire, for the first time about 2 weeks ago.  While I'm stufing the buffer and spring back in he says " I'm glad you're fixin that thing dad"  I said Huh?  He said " I figured it was broke because of that real bad sproooing sound it made when I shot it."  He figured it was broke but didn't want to say anything then because he feared being in trouble for breaking it.  I was rolling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That is classic!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There is more.  I figured he would let it go at the point previously mentioned.  At dinner he proceeds to ask me about the sproing.  I explain how it works.  He responds " why would someone be dumb enough to build a gun with so many parts ".  Rolling again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He responds " why would someone be dumb enough to build a gun with so many parts ".  

You sure this kid isnt a member on AK.nutz?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]
He was wise enough to stop short of asking me why I was dumb enough to buy it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
That is classic.

Thanks for brining up another informed voter.

SD
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Now you just need to properly indoctrinate him that 9mm is superior to .45.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now you just need to properly indoctrinate him that 9mm is superior to .45.

I will not have my children speaking heresy in my house.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate that spring sound
I had to stop using my muffs and go to ear plugs even though I think the muffs work a little better because the sound of the buffer spring would conduct through the stock into the muffs
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Bunch of losers! You'd probably all rather drive a Volvo than a Ferarri.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Slather some wheel bearing grease on the spring (not too much otherwise it migrates into the receiver) and it will act as a buffer.
Voila! no more sproing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I love that noise
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I love that noise

me too
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bunch of losers! You'd probably all rather drive a Volvo than a Ferarri.

On rough roads or inclimate weather I would certainly trust the Volvo more than the Ferarri.  I clean smooth pavement, I'm sure the Ferrari would be a great ride.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top