Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/7/2003 6:06:46 PM EDT
Although I really don't want to sell either I'm trying to get money together to further expand my NFA addiction.  My SAR in NIB and wouldn't mind selling it but the supply of SAR's seems to be limited and don't know about anymore in the future.  The Norinco is nice and don't know when I'll come across another one.  Since I've never shot the SAR I don't know how it compares to the Norinco as far as reliability, etc...  I'd appreciate any insight or opinions any of you may have. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the Norinco a preban? If it is then it's really a matter of how much money you want to bring in.  

Although there is much talk of the SARs drying up, I am almost 100% certain it will take a pretty long time for them to gain any value simply because there are so many of them floating around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't consider selling either without lining them up side by side for comparison. (with AK's, NIB doesn't mean much to most folks unless it's truly a collectable variant) I had an interest in the Norincos (.223) for years, simply because they were the closest thing to an AK74 going. Having satisfied both my curiousity and acquiring a 74 as soon as they were available, I never had much interest in the SAR3. Until they stopped importing them.

I'd say keep them both unless there's something you just don't like about one or the other.

I'd be interested in either should you choose to part with one.If you post either rifle in the EE be sure to IM me and let me know.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]
i've been looking for a SAR 3 /.223.  If you decide to get rid of it, I'd be interested in the $300 to $325 range.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Gut says more money for the Norinco, keep the SAR3 just to have a 5.56 AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top