Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2003 11:24:14 AM EDT
I know there is tons of stuff for the AR series of weapons, but what about the AK? It would be sweet if I could figure out a way to mount a Sure Fire on my SAR-1. Is there anything out there like this that will make my AK more night friendly or am I SOL?

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Joeken carries a lower handgrip with a rail on it for lights and such, but it's a bit pricey.

www.joeken.net

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that price isn't too bad at all. Being I have bought this type of stuff for AR's before, it actually seems pretty cheap.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought an M-4 type AR rail at a local funshow for $20, heated it up a bit, and sunk it into a East German handguard until it was even. Cost me squat and once you anchor it with the screws, its rock solid. Got one on my Saiga now too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
What I use on my Poly Legend, ORF/Bulgy AK-74, and all my AR's is a common 9V Surefire light; the ordinary tube light with wires coming out of the tail shaft which connect to a dead-man and an always-on/always off switch.

You then put Surefire barrel mounts on all of your guns. This allows you to swap one light unit between all of them: a fairly low-cost (for Surefire quality light) solution if you have multiple carbines with need for illumination.

Caution: Be sure to re-zero every weapon you put a barrel mount on.

Luck,

SD
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top