Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 8:25:12 PM EDT
Was at the gun show today and handled a couple of SAR-1s and a few MAK-90s.  The MAK-90 seem to be a little more "solid" than the SAR-1 and somewhat more expensive.

Is the MAK a better gun than the SAR as far as accuracy and strenght, or is just all in my head.

Already have a couple of 5.45s, so this would just be for the 7.62 versions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are serviceable and reliable... Comes down to preference and price in my mind.  Being relatively close, I would go with the Mak90 myself as I do think they are a little better made and fit and finish is better.  Than again the latest SAR-1s with laminate stocks are gorgeous.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the mac-90 also.  The quality is better than the sar and they do seem to be more solid.  The only con with the mac is the thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Go with the MAK 90.....

After talking with CampyBob, the Chinese like to "forge" everything.....you won't find a tougher AK in my opinion....

And remember.....you can never have enough AKs...

KF
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go with the MAK 90.....

After talking with CampyBob, the Chinese like to "forge" everything.....you won't find a tougher AK in my opinion....

And remember.....you can never have enough AKs...

KF

Well I'll disagree with you here and say I think the Bulgarian AKs are every bit as tough... but the Mak is a lot less expensive than an SLR-95, SA-93 or any of their ilk.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy the MAK, get the appropriate US-made parts along with a Chinese pre-ban Type 56 stock set (I think Chinese AKs look far better with chinese type wood, chicoms with Synthetic stuff look icky to me) and you will have a very nice Chicom AK.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top