Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2003 9:04:40 PM EDT
I'm thinking of picking up a parts kit to build up a rifle at a later date. Here's what i have found so far:

MAK-90 Parts kit, (Clearview) $99.99

Bulgarian AK-47 Parts kit, (Clearview) $139.99

Polish PMKMS parts kit, (Global Trades) $159.99
(Fixed stock Trunion available extra)

Russian AK-47 Izhevsk Parts kit, (Northridge)
$149.95

Any recomendations??  Suggestions??

thanks, KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to build one on stamped receiver, then PMKMS but you have to fix the stock open, or bulgie kit. I believe bulgie is 5.45, PMKMS is 7.62, so whatever caliber you prefer. I like 5.45 more and more.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Of the choices given I'd probably go with the Polish kit and fixed stock trunnion and the nice blonde furniture that Global sells. Of course you could just buy the SSR85C2...

The MAK90 kit would require the 19mm trunnion from Global ($65) or some custom gunsmithing to fit the Euro style (Hesse or OOW) reciever. The bbl. isn't threaded and no provision for a cleaning rod without swapping the gas block and fsb. Perfect for spares on a bone stock MAK90 but less than ideal for a build.

Similar situation with the Bulgarian kit regarding the cleaning rod attachment and milled receivers are expensive.

If I'm not mistaken the Russian kits are both well used and also milled receiver kits.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Try and find one of the Bulgarian AK-74 kits. Most of the major distributers are out now I think (someone here probably knows one that isn't, please speak up!), but these kits are excellent for building a top-of-the-line AK.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top