Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 11:01:57 PM EDT
Went to a local gunshop to pick up something today and saw a strange AK. It was a Norinco "hunter." Really odd looking. The furniture looked like a normal hunting rifle, and the receiver looked like any other AK. The trigger guard had a strange look to it also. Anyone own one of these????
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Chinese Saiga essentually. Bought one when I couldnt find a MAK 90...love the chrome bolts though, wish I had one for my AKMS....
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
And once you get used to the upward trigger pull, it is very smooth. Some have side rails, and some don't. Very stealthy AK.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]

An image from the Krebs site.  

How much were they asking for it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't recall how much $$$$$$. It was soo ugly, I didn't even notice. not my idea of what an AK should look like....
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I realy dont understand some folk's very narrow views on ugly and pretty. I dont care for the checkering on the wood but otherwise its no different from a Saiga or any other hunting AK. The cut of the reciever ahead of the mag well is sharper than most AKs and would be a good basis for a Galil look-a-like. They also benefit from the chrome MAK90 bolt and Norinco chrome bore. Dont get me wrong, it still isnt a hunting rifle, and needs to be put back into wolf's clothing, if you catch my ken, but it isnt ugly either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have one but if I ever find one for a reasonable price...

I like 'em. Conventional looks with the ability to take any 7.62x39 mag, something you can't legally do with a Saiga. I've read where the triggers actually make for a very "bump-o-matic" rifle.

More info:mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/Page_2.html

EDIT: link doesn't work but is the correct url, just type in http:// and what's displayed (no www)
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, I concede, ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Surely no one is going to confuse me with Brad Pitt either!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=4783591

Thats the one I want, its a copy of the Valmet hunter, and has the peep sight on the reciever cover. Very very cool. A great basis for customization there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top