Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 7:12:22 PM EDT
Ok guys i got a Wasr-10 with 2 30 rnd mags and 500 rounds at the gun show for 385 did i get ripped? IVE CAUGHT THE AK BUG! What the dif between WSAR-10 hi cap and SAR-1. Next up sar-2 from AIM! So I like the feel of an AK. I hope I love it when i shoot it next week!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would anyone buy a WASR10 for $385? You could have bought 2 Polish PMKMS kits, and 2 Hesse stamped receivers for that 385, and had the enjoyment of putting them togather, knowing that each one of them put together is worth more than the 385 you paid for 1 wasr10? Look in SGN, hi cap wasr10's sell dealer cost for 260. But hey! As long as you enjoy it, that's what's important. Just next time, ask someone on the board before you buy if you'r getting a good deal.
                    OJF
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The WASR was 328 I was saying it was 385 total for the ammo mag and gun!

Justin
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You did alright.  Not a spectacular deal, but you got a decent AK starter package at a decent price.  Obviously your not going to build your first AK, so you can disregard that.  I'm sure you will be happy with the WASR... for a little while!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 2:22:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Justin, prices at the funshow here for a WASR 10 Hi Cap with one mag was $329, 500 rounds of ammo ran $45 at this show.  I don't think you got ripped.  Dealer prices are for dealers and the avg guy won't get the guns for that price.  Add in shipping and a few bucks for the FFL, and your pretty much in the ball park for the area I live in.  BTW, I have 5 AKs now, some Russian, Global, Romainans.  The WASR is just as dependable, accurate, and fun to shoot as any of the other types I own or shot.  If you got a straight one, you got a good rifle.  Most of the AK extras are just cosmetic, and folks like to find reasons to spend more money,(Me included) to buy another rifle.  Enjoy your WASR, I sure enjoy mine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You did okay, You may want to touch up the mag opening if there are any rough spots from the conversion. (on the back of mine there were 2 spots that would catch the mag when you inserted it, once I filed them down some the mags went in and out no problem.
After a trigger mod to get rid og the trigger slap,
It shoots and bump fires like crazy!
Have fun!.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I realise that SAR's are going to go up as the supply dwindles as people are saying Century isn't importing any at this time.But I paid $290 for a nice SAR 1 ( Laminated ) a week ago. A table was haveing an AK SALE $290 for a SAR AK , wanted alittle more for the Laminated but I talked them down to the $290. You basicly have a SAR now. While you didn't hit the Jack pot you didn't get bent over and pounded either. Maybe you just got a small fingering...LOL  :) J/K  . Glad you got an AK and WELCOME to the AK WORLD.ONCE INSIDE THESE DOORS YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!!!! Red pill or Blue pill.Your choice.But you only get to make it once for the rest of your life.....Cheers WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top