Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/16/2003 3:32:15 PM EDT
I could not make it today due to commitments but I'm entertaining making the 2.5 hr drive Sunday.  Was the hall fairly full, or lots of empty spots and wide aisles?  Ammo dealers?  Milsurps?

Thanks,

Noah
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, hate to waste the time.  I'll try Harrisburg next weekend.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
yep ... what bob said ...

was a flop today ... unless you wanted to check out some blondes with nice hooters
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah you aren't going to be missing much if you don't go......it was hot, and the usually stuff,  nothing to write home about....only folks that seem to be doing any business was MAC'S  (HI-POINT) with it's usually "clientele"....yo bro, check it out, it be looking like a glock.

one of the ammo dealers was selling military WINCHESTER 5.56 55gr.(WCC 87)...840 rounds (stripper clips in bandoleer), 2 cans in a wood crate, for 170 bucks.

a ROMAK/CUGIR AK, looked like the thing was new, not a scratch on it..... for 275.....the finish and assembly on that was like 1,000 percent better then what the SARs are.

PMP .223 ammo was going for 80 bucks for 500 rounds.

what's the harrisberg show like?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a case of WOlf, a like new Center industries AR mag for $15, and my kid bought a dummy 50cal round.  Other than that same old same old.  A couple good deals on the tables, but not worth a 2.5 hour drive unless you just gotta have something and can't wait.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
was a flop today ... unless you wanted to check out some blondes with nice hooters

I think I even missed those...

Berea is next weekend - they have more space and the claim is that all buildings will be used for the show - so it might be worth it to drive out then.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what's the harrisberg show like?

It's at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA.  There are two promoters that do shows there, Davis Outfitters and Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors (May and Dec only).  The Davis shows are anywhere from 500 to 1000 tables, and the MAAC shows are a bit larger.  A big MAAC show is much like the OGCA shows at the IX were.  From what the OH guys have told me, these would be similar to Berea.  Hbg is 2.5 hrs for me, but Berea is 3.5+ depending on traffic.

Thanks for all the replies.  I don't need anything that bad.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have a schedule for the Harrisburg shows? I might have to check on out on one of my trips to see the g/f.

Campy, Berea this weekend?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I went on Sat with my pal Steve. Bumped into Engineer there. tried to talk him into buying me something nice, but he refused!!!!I did find a sweet NIB SAR 2, complete with black furniture, and lots of extra goodies. Pretty good price. had to keep my eye on it with engineer lurking around.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top