Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/12/2003 9:58:25 AM EDT
Well, Ive been fighting the need vs. want bug for a long time now and have decided - screw needing one, I want one!

So,

I know I want to stick with 7.62X39 since I have beaucoup mags,drums etc for same, but other than Kvar's kit for 399 + 50 for the trunion is there a cheaper source for a parts kit?

If any of those out there with a 7.62 krink think its too much of a beast and I should go with 5.45 please let me know.

Yes, I will be SBR'ing it as well.

Should I get a used Norinco Preban or use an OOW reciever (hoping that the ban is not reenacted/replaced)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I got to agree with Bob....mags are cheap for 5.45 as well as ammo. OOW has 74 receivers with the correct ejector rail, and the mag well, and it's cheap..... 60 bucks.

the K-var 5.45 comes with everything, except for the trigger guard and mag latch....don't ask me why, but when I bought mine last year, it didn't come with it. maybe now they do.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do want to go with a 7.62 krink, you might be able to save money by buying an inexpensive standard 7.62 AK (SAR, MAADI,MAK, etc.) and just buying the remainging neccesary krink parts seperately. One of the good krink builders could then go to work from there.  The original barrel could be cut down to krink length to save on the krink barrel for one.  Just a thought I had.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got to agree with Bob....mags are cheap for 5.45 as well as ammo. OOW has 74 receivers with the correct ejector rail, and the mag well, and it's cheap..... 60 bucks.

the K-var 5.45 comes with everything, except for the trigger guard and mag latch....don't ask me why, but when I bought mine last year, it didn't come with it. maybe now they do.

They do sell the trigger guard/mag catch kit separately for $35 if that helps. Kind of a ripoff. Wish I'd bought 2 when they were cheap.
I am going to go with 5.45 for my Krink(s) FWIW.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top