Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2003 10:08:31 AM EDT
Been drooling over these Bulgarian Arsenal AK's in Shotgun News, anyone have one or know what the going price is, or know where to get one? My Sar 1 is feeling lonely!  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Federal Arms Corporation. I think they have the best prices.
The rifles are well liked but are heavy due to a milled receiver.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a SLR101 converted to accept hi caps from FAC. Its a nice gun i was suprised at the quality. The only problem i had with it was the mag release was to tight on about 1/2 of my mags so i filed it down a bit. It looks awesome and shoots great. Also it comes with a scope mount so you dont have to pay an extra $100 for the sa m7s the version of the sa m7 that has the scope mount.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently purchased (2) Arsenal SA M-7s from Federal Arms Corp.  The price was $550 each (shipped).  Bulgarian Milled AKs are the cream of the crop.

I have to look through a couple hundred gun magazines to find the article, but a couple of years ago I purchased a magazine where they had interviewed M. Kalashnikov and in the article he stated that the Bulgarians made the finest version of his AK.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish they made a 5.45 version. [>(]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a SLR 101S Bulgie. It takes the hi cap mags.Its the nicest AK out of the box I have. I paid $500 even for it. I was goping to get a SAM 7 but they was price $600 + at this particlar gunshow. It's basicly the same rifle as the SAM 7 with out cleaning rod holder.Get one, you want be sorry!!!! WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks USMC I forgot about FAC!
www.gunsnstuff.net/p/035f.html

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Now on my list.(near the top)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Got one. Need to get another. They are, w/o a doubt, the t!ts in the AK world. The only thing I altered was changing from the longer, "Americanized" stock to the original length, shorter AK stock, & adding a buffer tech buffer (A worthy mod for any gun).
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget about the models made in bugaria...

SA-85
SA-93
SLR-95

Can't remember all the SLR models but the first of the SLR series of rifles were made in bulgaria..

Keep and eye out for these models they are super rifles....
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#10]
What do you think about the $269 model at the top of the page?  Are the bbl's on these chrome-lined?

I dont mind single-stack mags, really as I'll be shooting mostly from a rest / plinking.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#11]

I was looking at those and they look might fine!

$269 is a good deal.   Also, it seems to me that just with replacing the fire control group on one of those wtih a US made one the rifle becomes a post-ban US rifle.  

eg: The import parts would be:
Barrel, Foregrip, Reciever, Magazine Body, Plate and Follower, Piston, Bolt Carrier and Bolt, and Buttstock = 10 parts.   (If there's a muzzle break, it would have to be US made)

Thus you could replace any of the furniture or whatever and be legal.  More specifically, you could conver it to take high capacity magazines and also be legal (since its now a US made Rifle).   That conversion is probably jsut adding a feed ramp like the people who convert Saigas do.

$269 + $40 for an FCG and $2 for a piece of pipe to make a feed ramp is a great deal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up an SA M-7S for a whooping $672, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

From what I have been reading the receiver and the barrel are made in Las Vegas!

Because the black furniture causes freakish mind tricks, a Romanian SAR-1 user at the range asked me if it was an AR-15!!!

It has the weirdest trigger ever. It pulls back with a light "stage-one like" of a "two-stage like" trigger pull, but instead of getting to the second stage it fires! It is sooooo light it goes off when I think I am in stage-one. Perhaps someone who knows triggers can explain this one better.

I am going to try and find one in .223 next, but I can't find any info on what type of magazines they use. Anybody know?

It looks high quality, so it is worth the money if you want an exquisitely beautiful AK variant.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
On the SA-M7 series, the barrels, gas system, bolt and bolt carrier are Bulgarian made.

The US parts are:

Receiver
Stock set (Buttstock, handguards, pistol grip)
Hammer
Trigger
Sear
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Shot my SAM-7s for the first time Saturday.

SAM-7s + Kobra + Uly HP = 2 inch 10 shot groups at 50 yards. With magnified optics I'm guessing 2 moa easy.

I'm very happy with it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you change out the muzzle brake on a SAM-7? For a compensator found on AK-74??
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]
The SA-M7's muzzle is not threaded underneath the muzzle brake that is installed at the factory.

You can knock the two pins that hold the brake on (which is going to be a fairly big pain in the ass, they are REALLY in there) and then thread the muzzle.  You could then install an AK-74 style brake as long as you permanently weld/high temp silver solder the new brake over the threads.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top