Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2003 1:41:35 PM EDT
I'm curious.  I have a 2002 sar 1 which came with a clearcoat laquer finish.  All in all, it's pretty nice and even.  Now, all I'm seeing at the gun shows is the "laminate" version.  From what I understand, my 2002 is solid wood??? and the laminate ones are a plywood type.  What are the advantages of each, and why can I only find the laminate ones right now?  Also, why are none of the laminate ones varnished or lacquered?  I'm wanting to pick up another sar 1, and I'm curious what the differences are?  Thanks for the help.

-TxAggie
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You pretty much answered your own question. No real advantage to either type of stock set in my opinion, just depends on the look you want. Compared to the standard SAR wood, I prefer the laminate.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top