Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/6/2003 6:04:47 AM EDT
I bought a SLR 101 S last week. First milled AK in the stock pile. Very nice. Its the reconfigured SLR 101 S. Got pistol grip and takes large cap mags. Mags fit snug. A Good snug. I put two steel mags, Romanian , and East german, they locked up great with no side pay at all.It rubbed the finish off the magwell when inserted.A good lockup. When the mags inserted it feels as if the mag was welded in place. They did a great job of opening up the mag area.The bulgie waffle mag locked up the same as the steel mags.Im very pleased with this rifle. I bought the one with OD green furniture. It hit the paper when first shot. I got it dialed in execpt the windage.Got to  use the C clamp to move it. Just an opinion, but check these rifle out before you by the SAM 7S. I got mine for $500 even. NIB. The only thing I can see is it doesn't have the cleaning rod holder set up.But with some areas SAM 7S going for $600-650 , its an alternative, I believe the same rifle.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I just couldn't live with the fact that it didn't have a cleaning rod so I spent another $100 and picked up a SAM-7s.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on a good purchase!
The Bulgarian AKs are IMHO the best postban
AKs available.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top