Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 6:14:49 AM EDT
I want to see how everyone ranks Global Trades as a company.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Never done business with em/Want a polish kit/Cant afford one

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Other: Never done business with them, MIGHT, if I find something that I want and the price is right.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Other: Never done business with them, MIGHT, if I find something that I want and the price is right.

I've bought a couple AKs from them at gun shows.  I'm happy with their product but don't have anything to say one way or the other about their customer service.

Edited to add:  That's why I picked "other."
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Never done business with them, but based on my friend's experiences with them, I don't think I will.  To their credit, they seemed fairly responsive and willing to fix the problems, tbut were just incapable of doing so.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Is Global a member here?  They certainly do not seem to be in the damage control mode.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered parts from them once or twice with no real problem.  Didn't like dealing with them on the phone if I remember right, but as far as that goes, K-Var had a dumbass I had to deal with once also. K-var is easier to order from because of their online ordering.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I've purchsed parts through them with no problems and will continue to do so. I've read plenty of discouraging remarks about some of their rifles, just the same I've read just as many gleaming reviews. Almost like discussing an automobile company or dealership. From what I've ordered and what I've received, no complaints here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I stripped the elevation adj. part of their Chinese Ak front sight tool on a Russian Ak. Went to the show and showed it to Ron, then was going to buy a new one (and be more careful with it) but he just gave it to me for free. So that's my experience so far.

Schulze
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I had them do some work om my SAR-2. They parkerized it, added the amd-63 forward pistol grip, AK-74 muzzle break. The work was done in one week. I would have been happy to get it in 2 months from other gunsmith experiences. They have been very pleasant to work with and their prices are pretty good. Andre, Jimmy and the others have been great.

HOWEVER...

Their is one guy their that is a total prick. I think his name is Ron. He has pissed me off numerous times at past gun shows when I had money in hand ready to buy BUT walked away after talking with him. They have lost over $1000 in rifle sales from me because of this guy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Andre and Jimmy were nice on the phone, returned my exchange rifle in one day.  BUT the quality control sucked.  I will never buy another Global rifle, and can't recommend them to anyone.  Just my experience, others may differ.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had great luck with my SSR-85c, but I'm really starting to wonder about their QC here of late.  Like Txsundvl said, they sure don't seem very interested in damage control.  Also, the fact that the new SSR-74 keeps slipping everytime the due date gets close ain't helping their credibility.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Everthing that I have purchased from them was in good shape. They are the only place that I go to for my Bakelights because the ones they have don't have the ramp in the back and fit perfectly in my 74. I haven't purchased a rifle from them yet and am considering their ssr-74 whenever it's finally available. I haven't gone through the process of returning anything to them yet and from what I read, don't want to.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked "other" because I have never had to deal with their customer service.
I bought a SSR85B (FEG/Polish) a little over two years ago and have been very happy with it.  It's one of the best looking, nicest finished AK's I have ever seen and it shoots as good as it looks.  The Polish parts looked new and the steamed elm furniture is as nice as some fine furniture made for your home.
Very happy with my Global experience.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Exactly what Spectre said. My SSR85B is the nicest looking AK I own. It appears to be made off a New Polish parts kit.That was one of the selling points.Also it was built on a Hungarian FEG reciever, with a slant brake to boot. It shoots flawless .As far as customer service, I ordered once and got crappy parts.Not used good parts , but used crappy parts.I called and asked to speak to Jimmy, Streetman. He took care of it pronto. I said I was going to send the other parts back and he said to keep or just throw out the parts and not worry about sending them back.I have also ordered compliance parts from them with no problems.I feel like you can run into a A$$HOLE in any bussiness. And I also wouldn't get RON over there to handle anything for me. Ive heard the storys.But They do get some interesting combonations over there, that nobody else has put together.I hope they can get there USA reciever going .It would be nice to open up our options .I will continue to do business with them until my experiance changes.I have also had ordering problems with KVAR. They lost an order of mine during a system swap( They Said ).I reordered and got my order.But was short my Buggie Waffle mags. They was now out by the time we got it straight. But they had them at the time of the orignal order.When they finally got them in the price jumped from $10 to $20. I wasn't going to pay for the new mark up.I told them to keep them.But whats even funnier,they finally found my old order and resent it after they sent the make up order. I had double everything.I kept everything but the jacked up price mags. Glad I got 12 ea before they jacked them up..........WD
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had many dealings with Global and am very satisfied with their service.Jimmy has always gone the extra mile and Andre' has always been helpful.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I voted other, I have a SSR-56 I think they could have QC'ed it better since I have had some problems with it.  Other than the  56 issues I purchased a part kit recently plus spoke with them about my Norinco. I find Jimmy very helpful and I belive I will continue to do business with him.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top