Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/30/2003 9:24:45 PM EDT

Took my new SAR1 to the range and fired 140 rounds of Brown Bear HP. Worked very well except early on the bolt would stick to the rear a couple of times. It seemed smoother after about 100 rounds or so. I attribute this to the newness of the rifle and action (yes I did clean all the cosmoline before shooting!). Rapid fire of one 40 round magazine resulted in the barrel and foregrips becoming very hot and smoking (excess cosmoline?). It was about 102 F ambient temperature, I'm sure that didn't help. The rifle is very pleasant to shoot, despite the harsh feel of the Romanian side folding stock I put on it (pinned open). Nice mild kick - not as bad a .308, nicer than .223. It is not bad once you get used to the cheek weld on a metal rod - I think I will keep it on for the notoriety.

Accuracy was better than expected for the first time out of the box, not seriously concentrating, but on a bipod. I am estimating about 3-4 MOA, but will not be sure until I try it at 100 yards. No problem getting consistent groups. Overall, very pleased, for $339 bucks, a very enjoyable rifle. Oh, trigger slap was pretty bad, I will need to replace the disconnector or grind it.

Can't wait to get it out again when I get my sight adjustment tools!

DR
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I also had a good experience with my SAR-1.  Definately the best $320 I ever spent.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top