Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/26/2003 4:41:18 PM EDT
Picked one up from Lippy today at the fun show.  Says it is for the AK47 series rifle, but Lippy said it would work fine with the 74 mags I have.  Well, East German mags were a cinch.  Bulgie mags were much harder to fit, but they did eventually.

Here is the warning I have for anyone considering them.  The diagram shows them parallel and even in the coupler.  You can NOT position them that way in the coupler.  If you try you will not be able to have the spare mag to the right side of the receiver as the safety selector gets in the way.  They MUST be offset.

Here is the worst news.  If you have an optics mounting rail installed it is a no go.  The rail prevents the spare mag from sitting on the left side.

So, for the money it is a gret way to couple two mags if you don't have a rail.  If you do, forget it.  I will use mine with 74 mags in my Krink as I don't have a rail.  I'll probably get another to use 47 mags in my SA93 ad that has no rails.

Just wanted to let you all know so you don't get them to use with your SARs and find you can't.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, but I don't think that would work any better Rot, there is very little clearance between the mags when coupled... baseplates practically touch when put even and parallel.  I'm pretty sure I have them installed properly.  True, by inverting one you could probably use it with an optics rail but I thought the whole purpose was to be able to quickly swap mags.  I'm thinking releasing the mag, flipping it and reinserting it under stress might lead you to fumble it.  Good basic fit would be if Fobus gave you an extra 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch between mags.  I'll talk to Lippy as he knows the guy who runs Fobus.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top