Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/25/2003 7:55:45 PM EDT
Well, having completed the move and now living in a painting/redecorating/stripping wall paper hell, my sanity returning after finally getting some range time today, I will get to escape next week to Tulsa - BY MYSELF! For a whole 36 hours! No kids, no wife, no, "Honey, what do you think of this color?"  I plan a little gun shopping.  So where do I go?

On my wish list are a nice FAL and an Arsenal RPK.  Where should I start?  Neither is a , "gotta have it now," type purchase, but a new toy would certainly make for a perfect excursion.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want more?  Do you want a 308 or 7.62x39?

Ohio Rapid Fire builds a bad ass Fal for the money, and you can't go wrong with an Arsenal RPK.

Both are worthy choices.

Buy both if you can afford it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Having lived in Tulsa for a while I can say that the gun shopping scene in Tulsa could be better. There are a number of places i.e. Tulsa Firearms that are a little too upscale and "uppity"(sp?) for my taste. On the other end of the spectrum there are places that are trashy and don't have much of a selection. I would recommend going through yahoo yellow pages and calling around to find what you are looking for. Tulsa is pretty spread out and you could spend all day driving around and not find much. If you can make it to Oklahoma City you could go to Outdoor America. I bought a Walther P22 from them this weekend for a very reasonable price.

best regards,
Rob
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
4gma,
I live in OKC and I advise you to hunt whatever you want on the net.  Vast selection and, I can virtually assure you of better pricing.

Be sure and keep a couple of bucks in reserve for the show in Tulsa in October.  That show is now the largest in the world.

5sub
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
There's 2 big 'ol gunshows in Tulsa :) IIRC one should be coming up in Oct.???? I know it's a ways off, but dang what a fix for a gun junkie!!!

Rick
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's 2 big 'ol gunshows in Tulsa :) IIRC one should be coming up in Oct.???? I know it's a ways off, but dang what a fix for a gun junkie!!!

Rick

Yep - October and April.  

Assuming the AWB continues to look as if it will sunset, the April 2005 show should be a blood-letting as everyone tries to dump their preban AR's !!  (Of the ones I'm going to dump I only have one left and it will go this fall.)
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm been saving my $$$ for the Tulsa show - Used to go when I lived in the midwestern mecca of Wichita.  Truely an AWESOME experience (the show).  I used to load my pockets with cash and a backpack with food/drink and still barely see it all in a day.  Always ended up with hard to find toys at great prices and barely enough $$ for gas back to KS.

I was just looking for some of that lazy gun perusing time unencumbered by the wife/kids, or the pressure of having to be somewhere else.  You know prue unadulterated lazy gun fondling.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top