Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/23/2003 12:49:20 PM EDT
OK. So most AK's have 14mm diameter barrels. I've seen AK74-type brakes available in 14x1LH thread, which makes sense. But it appears that the "authentic" AK74 brake is 24mm internal diameter, such as the ones soled by Global Trades. The Romanians are also available in 22mm. So the questions I have are:
1) Is the 24mm internal thread on Ak74 brakes common for "authentic" combloc brakes ?
2) If so, then why go with 24mm instead of 14mm ?
3) Furthermore, is the 14mm barrel threaded and a adapter screwed on or is the FSB have the 24mm threads on it ?

Just curious.......
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah. That 'splains it. They have the threads part of the FSB. Thanks for the info and sorry for my crappy grammar!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top