Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/22/2003 9:36:16 AM EDT
Well......like the subject line says, my time at Al Udeid is just about over.

I was part of the largest air combat wing ever assembled.  Over 6000 Coalition Forces and 140 aircraft.  Some of you got the CD from me showing some of our greatest combat hits during the war.  I posted as many photos as I possibly could to put each and everyone one of you here with me.

To those that supported me:

CAMPY BOB:  Dude, sorry I missed BulletFest.  Count me in next year and I will bring the beer!

HBARSKI:  Thanks for helping out on managing the websites in my absence.

ROTDORN:  Your care packages were deeply appreciated, as well as the ones from all the other members of Team AR15.COM

KEN:  Your patriotism and support of all of us over here is unparalled.  I hope I have the chance to shake your hand at Knob Creek in October.

TROY & CHRISTY SELLARS:  Your support, care packages, ShotGun News, and Gun Magazines really helped me keep the faith.

MY SECOND FAMILY AT ORF (Todd, Mike, Chuck, and Tina):  Thanks for everything and staying in touch.  I missed the "kitchen pass" Saturdays hanging out in the Build Room.

ALL OF YOU WHO SENT SHIRTS, BUTTONS, CARE PACKAGES, ETC:  I hope I did right by all of you.  Thanks for all the keepsakes.

And saving the best for last.....

MISS RSA:  Thank you very much for your video supporting all of us here in Qatar.  You are one fine looking woman.

If I have forgotten to mention anyone, my sincerest apologies.  It's been a long tour.

KF
"Done and Ready to ReDeploy"
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So, Troy - what is the FIRST thing you are going to do when you get back?  (Besides taking a leak?)

BTW - did you ever get any more pics of the chick you gave the Kalashnikitty shirt to?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw the news where Saddam's 2 sons are 'officially dead' near as I can tell in a shootout after a tip ($15,000,000 per head too). Nice to know you can leave with the job feeling that much more complete!

Bet you are eager to lie on a shady lawn with some beer and your grill..
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Get home safe and thanks for all you and your camrades did for all of us here!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
KF,

Have a safe trip back.

Thanks for your service.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I will definately offer a big Thank You!  Let your buddies over there know we appreciate everything you guys have done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
KF, many thanks for your service to our country !!

(My son-in-law finally got back this past Sunday.)
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#11]
What can I say.
Thank you, and thank your family.

**Edited to add, T3 was a good movie. Check it out when you get home**
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We should be thanking you, not the other way around!

BTW....what a wonderful send off!....Saddams bastard sons in body bags....woooohooo!....Nice going guys!

GodSpeed on your return home!

i think rotdorn hit the nail on the head..i hope for a safe ride
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing profound to add, just a simple "thank you for your service"
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Thannks for keeping us safe Krink
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, what can any of us say, but our real thanks is for you and the men and women like you who serve this great country. The little that we did in no way compares to what you guys have given, and will continue to give. God bless and Gods speed bud......Remember, brews are on Rot and me next year at BF V.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top