Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 4:45:16 AM EDT
I saw a thing that is suppose to allow you to mount a folder on an AKM. I know that having one that can really fold would be illegal. I just want to know will it fit an SAR-1. The website is www.gungarage.com/ak_accessories.htm
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not illegal if you take the pistol grip off your postban before putting the folder on. I tried firing mine like that, not that bad if you have big hands like me, feels kinda like a saiga without the pistol grip. The bottom of the receiver is flat, so no obstructions. It becomes a folding stock "carbine" instead of an assault rifle. Just remember you can have the "EVIL" detachable magazine capability and only one other "Evil" feature. The "evil" features other than the magazine capability are 1) Bayonet lug 2)flash hider 3)Pistol Grip 4)folding stock and 5)grenade launcher attachments

Technically, as I understand it, if the ATF finds a feature (such as a pistol grip, when there is a folder installed) that can be readily added to the rifle on your premesis, it is as bad as having it installed on the weapon.
That means a felony.

Still, I figure it will be a heck of a lot easier to get hold of a pistol grip than a folding stock, if the AW ban sunsets. Everyone will want a folder if it sunsets, so prices will go up I bet. Of course maybe my logic is flawed, since they may just allow importation of more folding stocks to meet demand. oh well...I don't really believe it will sunset anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got a Romanian side folding stock that requires no modifications to the receiver to install if youre interested. PM me if so.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Installing a regular folding trunnion on an AKM reciever isnt hard at all and can be done with a drill and a dremil. It wont look great but it'll function fine. I thought about those conversion blocks for a long time too and gave up on the idea upon building my AKMS. Stick a bit of steel rod in place of the spring when in polite company.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:00:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ive got a Romanian side folding stock that requires no modifications to the receiver to install if youre interested. PM me if so.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top