Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2003 8:45:11 PM EDT
I just bought a new SAR-1 from OldGunSupply and field-stripped it for the first time to clean the grease out and get it ready for firing. I followed the instructions; it was simple enough, except for removing the gas tube. I unlocked the lever as instructed, but nothing would budge. I didn't want to force it and break anything, and the instructions were vague at best. What is the trick to getting the gas tube off, is there any place on the web where they have images of what needs to be manipulated to do this?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
lets see here, this should all be automagic for me, but putting it down in words ?...

you did take the boltcarrier/oprod assy out ? (important!)

rotate the takedown lever, the gas tube should come out fairly easy.  you may have to mess with the lever a bit to get the 'unlock' just right.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top