Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 1:43:34 PM EDT
Recently I bought the 5 piece American made FCG, black pistol grip, and gas piston from Tapco. Today I put it all together except that I can't get the gas piston loose from the charging handle. Is there any trick I should know about? BTW it's a Mak90 I'm converting to a pistol grip. Please help if you can, Thanks  
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Campy I found the pin you're talking about. Going to try to get it out. Do you know what other parts I need[if any]to make this compliant?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
No muzzle device yet. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No muzzle device yet. Any suggestions?

If I did not want the follow up speed for plate shoots, I would not have one. But I am happy with the parts from ak-103.com/akusa for $50.50 delivered. US made bits, muzzle adaptor fits down the bbl, brake spins on, line up and weld them to the front sight base (easy to dremel off if needed without abusing bbl). Design is very true to the original, except for not chrome lined, 7.62 bore, and comes bare metal. My Alumahyde is not holding up at the ports, so I suggest having it parked and painted first, then wire wheeled where it needs welded, then touched up on the outside.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top