Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/19/2003 3:17:36 PM EDT
I stumbled on to http://www.globaltrades.com/ and after finding nothing here via the search engine, was wondering how they measure up.

Anyone have any experience or reviews?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Their track record isn't too good, from what I've seen.  Cosmetically beautiful rifles, but function leaves alot to be desired.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The "other" Arsenal (Arsenal, Inc. in Nevada) I hear has a better reputation.  However, I don't think the "Classic" with wood furniture is made any longer.

Arsenal, Inc.

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Well alright then. Looks like an Ohio Rapid Fire, Krebs or Insight AK for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait a minute.  There have been several problems reported with the SSR-56 and Global trades rifles.  But remember there are VOLUMES of posts on how to fix your SAR as well.

I have owned several AK's over the years - including Maddi's, Norincos, an SAR1 and polytech legends.  I have 2 Sam 7's from Arsenal of Las Vegas and they are the best out of the box AK variant I have ever owned (except for the funky looking muzzle brake).  They are uncommonly accurate for an Ak variant - 2 MOA or less.  The triggers are excellent out of the box.  The action is smooth and the finish is very nice.

There are several threads praising the quality of the SAM 7 so dont give up yet.  Of my shooting buddies, one a diehard "AK's are communist pieces of shit" type, have since bought Sam7's or Sam7S's since shooting mine and their experiences have been the same as mine (Our group is up to 7 Sam rifles so far).

I still dont think you can go wrong with a build from Troy Sellers or Ohio Rapid fire or AK -USA.  I have yet to see a negative post on any of them, but dont get sucked into the arguement all the Rifles built by Arsenal of Las Vegas suck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have yet to see a negative post on any of them, but dont get sucked into the arguement all the Rifles built by Arsenal of Las Vegas suck.

Arsenal USA and Arsenal Inc. aren't the same company.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The shark is correct.  Global IS NOT the same company as Arsenal.  I was going to get that in my post but screaming kids, a crabby wife, and a couple crown and 7's under my belt got in the way...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top