Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/16/2003 6:59:25 AM EDT
Hey Guys,
A quick one for the Galil experts on the board. I'm talking to a fellow about trading my HK91 and accessories for what appears to be a nice looking Galil 710S. I don't know the first thing about the rifle, but he mentioned that they're somewhat rare and that only 200 were imported into the country (the model #). I did a quick yahoo search, and wasn't able to find anything on this specific model #. The rifle is .223, and has the 16" barrel. Serial # is AAL-21002XX.  From the pics he sent, it looks like the importer was Action Arms in Philadelphia.
Many thanks!!
John
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
AA 710S - 5.56mm “ARM Sporter”, 16” bbl., 1-7” twist, wood thumb-hole stock, wood ARM hand guard, no carrying handle, no night sights, threaded muzzle, bipod attachment point.  

The S means post ban.  It may have been restored to its preban appearance.  There was a brief time in 89 where you could do this, but unless it is well documented when the change was made I'd install US parts and pin the stock open.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Many, many thanks for the quick reply.  As it's a post-ban rifle, I'm not going to touch it if it's pre-ban configuration!! Just isn't worth it...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top