Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 8:20:35 AM EDT
Hi guys,
I keep thinking of trading my Bushy Shorty for an AK.  I got a SKS Sporter a couple weeks ago which took me back to my long gone MAK90 and the SKS I had before that.  I like the sound and the economy of the 7.62x39 round.
I know, keep the Bushmaster and get the AK, well, that would take me several years at the rate at which I'm able to save money.
What, if I decide to do it would be a fair trade to ask for?
Thanks,
Kelly
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
A Romanian SAR-1 AK-47 in 7.62 is $300ish. No way you should trade a Bushmaster for that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Right you are.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My paltry advice is to sell your B/M and buy what you want with the cash.  (Yes, it is summer and demand (pricing) is down a bit but you'll also be buying into a down market.)  What might be interesting to consider is buying an SAR-1, SAR-2 and SAR-3 on the used market with as many options/extras as you can find.  Then you can slowly add the K-Var furniture, RSA trigger group and other options as you see fit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My paltry advice is to sell your B/M and buy what you want with the cash.  (Yes, it is summer and demand (pricing) is down a bit but you'll also be buying into a down market.)  What might be interesting to consider is buying an SAR-1, SAR-2 and SAR-3 on the used market with as many options/extras as you can find.  Then you can slowly add the K-Var furniture, RSA trigger group and other options as you see fit.

Your advice is never paltry, subsailor!
You think that I could get all 3 from the proceeds of my BM?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your advice is never paltry, subsailor!
You think that I could get all 3 from the proceeds of my BM?

Since you said "shorty" I guess I'm making that ASS-umption that your B/M is preban ??  If so, yes I believe you can get all three.  (BTW, I have an SAR-2 and I'm in the process of taking my own advice and looking for an SAR-1 and SAR-3 !!)
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#6]
No, it's postban, Bushmaster sold a 16" called the Shorty a couple of years ago...my bad for not specifying postban A2.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, it's postban, Bushmaster sold a 16" called the Shorty a couple of years ago...my bad for not specifying postban A2.

Well heck, maybe you can only get two of the three !!  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes..interesting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll second Campy on that. NEVER let go of a good shooting rifle, especially an AR.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Campy, Capn, you guys are makin me feel guilty, with good advice, though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top