Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/11/2003 5:07:19 PM EDT
the shop i go to has a few there
laminated ones and the SAR1
I have a few questions that need answering?
any reason the front sights are off center? or is it a quality control issue?
anything I should look for in choosing one of the SAR1s that are there...I did read about some that are canted
what ammo do you guys use and waht does the AK like for accuracy...or just use Wolf?
I shot a WASR converted to hi cap
any real differences?
any other ideas threats thoughts things I should look for
I figure this will be the rifle I shoot while my AR cools down.
Has to be NJ legal as I go there alot to shoot.
also there is one with a barrel nut welded on
can it be removed and a brake rewelded on?
or get a press on AK brake
I just like the way it looks that way and the added benefit of less recoil and muzzle rise
screw the guy who is standing next to me heheehehe
hell the WASR was throwing the spent shells about 15-20 feet away
I shot one
I liked it
I want one
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
555R- Subaru fan?

The AK should have straight F&R sights, and parallel side rail. The Romys do screw up a few and you do not want them. A properly converted WASR is fine, but a good SAR is a better risk for a nice mag fit/feed.

You can get 4" groups in the Romy 47s, see the ammo forum for ammo test info.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
i have the sa-93 bulgarian - i'd consider it a  cadillac of AK's.  the SAR's are good ones.  just hand pick yours to get a tight fitting stock, and shoot it if you can to see if it shoots well.  heck the price is right.  take it home, clean it good to get the cosmoline or whatever they use out, lube it up good and enjoy!  some of the front sights are canted - try to avoid that.  but the canted gas tube isn't supposed to matter all that much. work the bolt back and forth slowly and smoothly to see if it binds any - sort of a metal to metal feel. everything smooth, buy it. shop around and you can pickup the SAR and a case of ammo and 5 or so mags for $400-450.  may can beat that.      
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sube fan not really, no offense
I have a fully built Honda Civic Hybrid setup specifically to run Watkins Glen. Full carbon Fiber Front end fully built motor trans and suspension. Sponsored by Manley Performance for engine parts...and a few smaller sponsors.
Its my daily driver and as the Porsche guys say Its a full bore track car doing a poor job of being a street car...12.5 compression and 100+Octane gas everyday all day 365 days a year.
Between my firearms and car im going very broke
the 555R came from when I worked at a speed shop and got a set of 4 Nitto 555R drag radials to test for them...they didnt even have any sidewall print on them just a plain unmarked set of tires
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top