Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/7/2003 12:13:35 PM EDT
OK, time to vent a little...  Troy @ InRange is building me a SBR Krinkov on a nice pre-ban Norinco receiver.  I submitted the paperwork (a form 1) for the SBR via next day mail on March 24th.  The check cleared on April 23rd.  The paperwork then went pending May 27th.  I called today - still pending.  This isn't my first NFA purchase, and I know the waiting is the hardest part.  However, I'm pissed that 100 days out the thing is still stuck in frigging pending status.  Does anyone have any idea how long I should expect the thing to stay pending for?  The last form 1 I did took exactly 100 days.  You got to love the machinery/efficiency of the US bureacracy.  And these people are in charge of keeping us safe...  Amazing...
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been averaging 3-4 months Good luck,

Mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys need to stop harassing the ATF.

The Form 1s take as long as they do!  The money is cashed immediately but the rest takes time.

The first one I did took 8 months, the second one I did took only 4 so just sit back, hurry up and wait!!!

My .2¢

BISHOP
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, what Bishop said....
  NFA paperwork has NEVER taken less than 6 months for me, form one, form four, same same. I had a Sten take 13 months because of a one letter mistake on the name of the ffl it was being transfered to, then it still took another 6 months for my form four to be processed.  19 months total.  On the other hand, my late wife had a form four go through in 48 days.  Girls have a serious advantage.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#5]
that's my point.  the entire system is flawed. in this day of computers and nics checks, 100 days is ludicrous.  6 months is downright pathetic and a sad indictment of the people and the organization itself.  the ironic thing is that i already have two NFA items, as well as a c&r license.  it isn't exactly encouraging that this institution is in charge of protecting us from god knows what.  it's actually quite scary when you think of it in that context...
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You guys need to stop harassing the ATF.

I would tend to look at things from the other side.  The ATF needs to streamline and try to achieve at least a 1980's productivity level!  There is no reason for a corporation's second form 4 to take 6 months to process (my experience)!  There is no background check, and the ATF has already dealt with the corporation once.  I've read the SAR article on the NFA branch, and I see nothing in there to explain why a 2nd form should take more than an hour of data entry!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top