Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/5/2003 5:39:33 PM EDT
Can I put an AK-74 front sight block (and therefore muzzlebreak)on my SAR-1? How much modification would be required?

Best regards,
Rob C.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Should I just try to trade for a SAR-2? I am trying to go for the look of the newer AK-74s with the black synthetic furniture, muzzle break, and Kobra. I know that I could use a pin-on break or thread the barrel and weld the break on but I don't want to. Anybody have any sugestions?

Thanks,
RC
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
ak-103.com has nice bits that are good on my SAR1. The muzzle adaptor and brake fit down to the FSB, where the tack welds are made. Future removal needs can be done by dremel without touching the bbl. Parts come unfinished though, and my Alumahyde job is not lasting forever. I suggest park and paint first, then paint after welds. $50.50 well spent on US parts for my plate blaster.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]
yup!

5.45 is the furure baby!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top