Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/4/2003 8:42:17 AM EDT
I was looking at the website of a German dealer of Dewatts. Found what is described as a Chinese AK-47 with wood stock, but the picture shows what looks to me a AK-47 type 1

Did the Chinese ever make one? I thought that only the Russians did. I have written the company to see if the actual dewatt matches the photo. If so, I will pick it up. Price is about 400 Euros (going rate for a dewatt AK in Germany).
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Stottman, that is a Russian Type I for sure...
Beautiful pic! Have it cut up and sent to me please! Oh, I just saw that you are buying it for 400E. Good gracious, that is nice if it is indeed the one they are selling! I know only one collector here in the states that has a Type I kit with the stubs intact.
The one you pictured should be dated 1949-1951.
Let us know how it all comes out!
-C
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a reply back-Of course it was too good to be true. Dealer said that it was a single piece he found at his supplier, and decided to use for the photo. Oh well.

It would be a shame to cut the thing up; The barrel and bolt are welded over anyways.

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Bummer, but thanks for the update-
at least we got a nice pic of a type I out of
it... ;)
That's what kills me about dewats over there...
the barrel and bolt are restricted! I have an all original type I barrel assembly sitting right here, along with plenty of original bolts!  Press off the rear sight, unscrew barrel, do the reverse with the new barrel and voilla! Time to go shooting. Yes it would be a total shame to hack up that very rare receiver.
-C
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, just got a type II and now this, I'm sure I won't sleep right tonight!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top