Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 6:29:51 PM EDT
I'm a little confused about hi cap mag laws.  Some say that there are certain imported AKs and Sks's that you are not supposed to use hi capacity mags with.  Is that true?  I always thought that if the mag is preban you could use it in any gun.  Please help!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the time when they say you can't use pre-ban mags in an AK it is because it is modified to only accept single stack or low-capacity mags.  There are several types of "low-cap" AKs imported, and they are often modified after importation to use regular mags. If an AK can take regular AK mags then generally it's ok to use pre-ban mags in them.  Someone else can go into the whole parts count thing.    
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
i heard that some Maadi's can take hi-caps, but don't have enough U.S. made parts to install a foreign hi-cap.  that is why they say that you need to have a U.S. made floor plate and mag follower to install a hi-cap in it.  those two extra parts up the parts count to the 5 needed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh!  I think I see. So it has more to do with keeping the number of foreign parts at the proper requirements for imports.  thanks guys, I knew I came to the right place.  Sometimes reading the laws are so confusing to me.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top