Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 2:42:35 AM EDT
Noticed some new Russian tactical-ops pictures lately (the Theater operation, etc...) where Russian soldiers were using a nifty looking recoil pad that strapped on to the end of their AK103s and Krinkovs. Now that I think about it, a couple of the Russian Military/Paramilitary Saiga 12 pix have the same pad on the Krink style metal-frame buttstock.

Chamberlain posted a pic a while back of one of his AK74s sporting a fixed Krink style folder wearing just such a pad, but he has never responded to where he came up with it.

Anyone know where I could come up with one of these very nifty looking devices?

Also, looking for a cheek piece for the same stock setup- perhapse a hardened rubber one that bolts on?

Thanks,

Ryan
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
here is a link to RPB, they have an American made version, and a Bulgarian version.
www.rpbusa.com/ak.html
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry Rebel, forgot to answer your question on the GP-25/GP-30 buttpads....
The one you saw in the pic was a Bulgarian made one, nearly Identical to the Russian which I also have (just got it). The molds are almost exactly the same, but the major differences between the Russian and Bulgarian ones are that the Bulgs use a black leather strap, and powder protected rubber which STINKS! You can't get rid of the smell off your hands! The Russian one is a deeper black and smells just like a new car tire! The strap is brown leather. KVAR has the Bulg ones for $20 here: http://www.k-varcorp.com/buttplate.html
THey fit Triangle stocks, fixed stocks and there is even slots on the sides to accomodate old style AKMS underfolder stocks. Enjoy.
-C
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Russian one if someone needs a pic-Came on a Russian plum stock set I bought here in Germany for $50.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top