Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/29/2003 6:47:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#1]
As this event grows with each passing year I can only marvel at the amount of time and effort you put into this Campy.  I can only hope that our small contributions of time and effort were in some way a help in the big picture of the greatest shooting event in the nation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Campy!! Had a great time.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a great time Campy, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a great time too.  Got to meet a lot of board members, enjoy the finest sea food I ever had, (thanks Helldog and Frank Squid) and see some new shooters get hooked on shooting.  I really appreciate your efforts.  Thanks alot Campy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Bob,

I believe it should be us who had the pleasure of being a part of OBF IV who should be thanking you for your efforts in organizing and preparing for this event. You gave alot of your time and even physical labor putting this together and preparing for it, and added alot of miles to your S-10 driving around Ohio picking up targets..all this for our enjoyment.
And although I hated to pack it in early I do wish to commend you for your decision to "call it a day". BTW my offer still stands...next time I'll put the Toyota out there if you put your S-10 down range too !!!!!!!!!! Oh and I still have those "charged" propane bottles to dispose of....after the next good rain maybe we should get together and strategically place a few of them and put a real hurt'in on those pesky "hogs" across the lane !! Seriously however..Bob..Thank you very much for your efforts !  

Karl

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I know it is a labor of love, but I do not know how you do it all even with our help. Thanks again!!

We got to make another convert in our tent area. Pimply kid had a Mosin M44 (excited about his $70 deal) and a few handfulls of paper-wrapped Russian ammo. We offered the use of our line space, then the use of an AK...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Barry and I continued to talk on the 12 hour trip home and enjoyed this year more than last. The ONLY recommendation that we good suggest to improve this GROWING experience, is to make it a two day  shoot. Just think, first ready firing line to open at noon on Friday until 6 ish....Line opens again at 9 am on Sat, along with a afternoon shoot.........I see things doing nothing but iimproving. Thanks Bob for the BEST experience a man could drive 12 hours for......
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you CampyBob, I had a very good time and I think I caught the class3 bug dammit!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay I was off in another world, where is this held at in Ohio? And when is the next one?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Bob, are you kidding me?

You bust your ass setting this up, use your time to make preperations, you answer the tons of e-mails, you collect all the junk, etc, etc, etc......

and you are thanking us? No way bud. The thanks go to to you and those who helped you. You have provided me with at least one thing to look foreword to in the summer. Bulletfest is all about the fun.

Thank you Bob.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
This year was my first, but I'll NEVER miss another Bulletfest! Thanks Bob for putting on the greatest display of firepower west of Baghdad, and for putting up with all us animals!

Minerva will never be the same!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Bob! This was my 3rd Bullet Fest! Missed the very first one! Tecnine and I really enjoyed it! We even had to wait and shoot because the line was full! Wow! You could have this twice as big and it would fill up everytime!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#15]
The firing line must have been an eight of a mile long! Yet, you had to squeeze in nice and cozy to shoot. This is a wonderful country!

Edited to add: I can still hear the roar! Man what a racket!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#16]
You've REALLY got to be kidding about thanking us for putting you through all of this!

It was so awesome, Bulletfest was the first time I ever shot any really nice or full auto guns.

Sorry that it had to close early. You are still planning on doing it again, I'm sure? I'll do everything in my power not to miss it!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank YOU Sir...I came and had a great time.
Thanks again,
Medic-0372
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Bob, you are a class act...
This was the first Bulletfest for Shaggy, MarioFamoInc, and myself...

The three of us drove out together, and talked about it the whole way home.
We all agreed that we had just as much fun "hangin-out" and making new friends, as we did shooting the MG's...

We all had a fantastic time, and will definately be there for the next one...

Hopefully that "Golden BB" doesn't create any problems down the road...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Some people may not like Campy...(???hunter).

But none can deny Campy is a stand up guy and the work he does for the web community deserves recognition.

Well done Campy on another successful year of Bulletfest...
May you have many more Bro..

Stokes
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks again Campy!!! I had as much fun as a Harrison county boy could have, lol. I met some great people and got some faces to screen names now. I wish i would have met more of you all. Thanks to those who let me squeeze in and shoot in your space. The dryer that I took out to the far end....well I brought it home as a "trophy", it is now proudly on display at the Cadiz dump.

-Bricklayer
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#23]
CAMPYBOB you are the one who needs thanked over and over again. We're there because of the camraderie that you help foster by providing the opportunity for us to all get together and shoot, meet/greet, eat, camp, drink, be merry...

THANK YOU SIR!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for letting me shoot your stuff, GB.

Too bad I didn't get to shoot your dad's 220.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#26]
This was my first bulletfest ever.  In fact, it was my first ever shooting get-together of any scale!  There are no words to describe how much freakin' fun I had!  I agree with Hbarski - The only way to make it better is to make it a two day shoot!

It's a shame about that stray 30 caliber bullet, and the guys using tracers making fires and causing cease-fires.  I guess things like that are bound to happen.  But if this shoot lasted a QUARTER of the time it did, it still would be well worth the 5 hour drive.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, I was late again!!  It seems I'll never make the starting volley. :(  I can remember back 4 years ago this spring, Bob, when a handful of us on the "old" AK47.net were trying to get a place that would allow us to gather at so we could put faces to names.  I know that all the places in my area had rules or weren't interested, and then you came up with Mapleton Gun Club and the rest is history.  Never would I have imagined that a dozen and a half people would turn into what I witnessed on Saturday.  You were so busy we only briefly talked and the same with Ed Avila.  Ed, next year I'll be there on time and we can have a longer conversation. (the new wife is a gun nut and is wanting us to buy a few more "home protection units". -wink, wink.)  Bob, you out did your self again, but I wouldn't want to be you right now.  If you look at Bullet Fest 1 (which wasn't named until #2), and see the outcome of #2, then the exponential turnout of #3, coupled with the again exponential turnout of BF IV,  BF V, by laws of expontialism is going to be a MotherF#$%#$#!!!!!!! And you will be there organizing the event for all of us.  As one person put it in a post elsewhere, YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  P.S.  I lost  my watch down inside a press 4 days after getting it from you.  It was better off in your glovebox!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank YOU Campy...
and thanks to all of the ARFCOM regulars that gave up a little trigger time to be safety officers on the line.
Mario_FAMOInc
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top