Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/28/2003 5:07:19 PM EDT
I just got home from Bulletfest... A 3 1/2 hour drive that I managed to cut down to 3 on the way back.

I had such a great time there and so did my buddy. I wish I coulda met some more of the AR15.com guys than I did but it was nice meeting all the folks that I did.

You might have seen me at the campground I had the biggest fire there (even if was only momentary). There is no limit to what the proper application of accelerant can achieve! Also I was the 2nd to last setup closest to the barn with the AK-47 and FAL. I was right between two belt fed guys.

It was really great though the carnage was great and all. I left and I was hoping to hear more fire as I picked up my tent but didn't hear any. I heard some rumor the sheriff shut the line down or something?

I will post pics and videos when I get the chance.

A big thanks to CAMPYBOB!!! YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
SLoV. I was all the way at the other end of the line. The fella next to me had a semi auto M2 and a semi 1919. Thats the first semi M2 I have seen.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
a semi M2 would still be fun I guess

there was a guy down on our end with a 50 cal rifle semi-auto 10 round box mag.

it sounded "Thud.... Thud.... thuddd..."
it kicked ass
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey SLoV...it was great.  I too was down on the very far side.  I had the blue ground cover shooting the SA-M7.  

Yea the shoot was called off early.  A 308 looking round hit a house about 3/4 to a mile beyond the hill.

Take care, be safe but most of all have fun,
Medic-0372
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#6]
It was alot of fun. Got to meet Mark@FWRA, RSA guys, Todd @ORF, and countless others.  Next time we need nametags though!:)

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Good call Campy. All we need is for some one to get hurt and put a permanate end to the fun. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this. Nice meeting all of you that we did!

Mike
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad to have met ya SLoV.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
glad you guys had fun...i know i enjoyed seeing you all!

i was the person that shut down the line early. both the deputy and the fellow that owned the house (1-1/8 mile out) wanted the shooting to continue. i could not take the chance on getting someone injured.

the shot was deliberately lobbrd over that huge hill...it actually travelled over a second hill that was even higher than the main berm! the recovered bullet was in perfect condition and was a copper jacketed 7.62x39 hollowpoint-boattail. it was not a skip-out or ricochet...it was a round that was shot completely over the berm hill, the plateau behind that and the secondary safety hill beyond both of those.

it almost had to have been a deliberate, aimed shot.

too bad one guy cut the event short a couple hours for the rest of the folks there.

Good call, Campy. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but everytime I saw you, you were driving around in your beat up S10! Shoulda put it out on the line and let the mini gun have it.

One question there - did I miss the other(s), or was there only one mini gun there? Were the other(s) unable to attend?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Cessna fly over at about 300ft right over the berm?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Cessna fly over at about 300ft right over the berm?

I saw it. Was a dumb move on the pilots part.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Cessna fly over at about 300ft right over the berm

i remember that, firing slowed down, and everyone with in earshot was saying "WTF???", "what a moron", "does he have a death wish??"......ect.

another huge thanks goes out to bob, that was a hell of a show,

again, just like last year, one moron could have gotten somebody killed. ill be suprized if there is another bulletfest
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:34:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you guys ever found out who the "Moron(s)" was (were)??  Nothing pissed me off more than an irresponsible and reckless shooter.

Glad no one got hurt.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#15]
i dunno, i wouldnt expect anyone to put up with that kind of crap 2 years in a row. did we ever get the full story on that "majik bullet"??
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I would love to have it at Snode's again.
that place was great and the farmers were really nice.

not sure it could happen there again since what happened.

all depends i guess
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps some suggestions, ideas, and general guidelines should be posted at ar15.com/AK board and/or sent to Campybob instead of rehashing and repeating any negative things that happened.
Throwing out to the public in internet land more of the negatives, real, imagined, or blown out of proportion, opens up the possibility of a lawsuit and/or no more future 'Fests.
Let's all use a little more discretion before our next bitch post, me included.  
Constant picking and pointing WILL ultimately come back to Campy and/or Snodes.
Look forward, get over the past and learn from it. Come up with positive ideas and productive solutions for a future Bulletfest V.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Have an IQ test at the entrance maybe?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Is it possible that the stray bullet was just a case of extreme muzzle rise instead of an intentional shot?

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Since it landed in pristine condition, could it have also richoted and not been damaged?  Bullets can do weird things.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Seth -

I tried to IM you but your box is full.  I was there along with DragracerArt, Mario_FAMOInc, Medic08, Gus, and another friend of mine.  We were positioned one space down from the minigun, and right next to the black powder cannon.  Sorry I didn't see you there - I would have liked to have met you.

Sniper_Wolfe - there was only one Minigun.  My friend M60Howard didn't bring his because its not quite finished yet, but maybe next year (if there is a 'next year').  Sorry you didn't get a chance on the M16 or any of my other MG's; again, maybe next year.  I know a few people at the next line position got a chance on the M16, but I would have liked to see more people get a shot on it.  I really enjoy seeing that first full-auto 30rd grin people get after doing their first mag dump.

Campy - Thank you for everything.  You certainly put on one hell of a show.  I hope that magic bullet doesn't ruin it for everyone next year.  I was really disturbed to think someone may have been so stupid as to fire one over the berm intentionally.  It also irked me that some poeple kept firing long after a cease fire had been called.  Maybe next year a PA system and a lot more air horns would help (I've got a PA I could bring).
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sniper_Wolfe - there was only one Minigun.  My friend M60Howard didn't bring his because its not quite finished yet, but maybe next year (if there is a 'next year').  Sorry you didn't get a chance on the M16 or any of my other MG's; again, maybe next year.  I know a few people at the next line position got a chance on the M16, but I would have liked to see more people get a shot on it.  I really enjoy seeing that first full-auto 30rd grin people get after doing their first mag dump.

Thanks for offering on the MGs! I'll definitely shoot them next year, if the offer still stands.

Luckily I got to shoot MickeyMouse's M16 though, although I only shot it on 3 round burst. There was so much stuff I was about to shoot when the sheriff rolled up - your M16, beekeeper's fifty, etc.

There will be a next year!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Seth -

I tried to IM you but your box is full.  I was there along with DragracerArt, Mario_FAMOInc, Medic08, Gus, and another friend of mine.  We were positioned one space down from the minigun, and right next to the black powder cannon.  Sorry I didn't see you there - I would have liked to have met you.

darn shaggy. I was down that way and saw all those 1919's down that way. I was looking for you since I knew you were bringing one. I didn't know my Inbox got full. I looked for a limit meter but just found it after you mentioned it. man wonder how many IM's I missed.     sucks I only met a few ar15.com guys i'm glad I got to meet the ones I did though
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi guys,
What a good time!  I met so many ARFCOM guys that I can't remember everyone for sure.

SLoV- I was right across from you when you were "stoking the fire" and have to admit that I was a little concerned that it would get away from you but you handled it. :^)

Shaggy- What did I tell you... Howard called today and the F4 for the RDIAS is back.  
BTW, I never should have followed you to the turnpike.  It was the wrong turnpike!  I wanted 476 N/S not 76 E/W.  It tacked about an extra hour onto the trip.  I should have used MapQuest!  

Mario_FAMOInc  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
SLoV- I was right across from you when you were "stoking the fire" and have to admit that I was a little concerned that it would get away from you but you handled it. :^)

LOL!!!

Which side were you on? Where you the guy in the Blazer or were you over towards the middle with the campers?

I didn't know we were gonna be allowed to have campfires. So we had to run in town and buy WOOD from a gas station... I can't believe I did that but I was desperate, didn't have any kindling either so had to subsitute a semi-controllable accelerant.   Did you see the fire when I first lit it? It illumated the entire campground field, I heard tons of people talking and saying "HOLY SHIT" and WTF is that and damn thats big...   People can be really stupid "stoking the fire" when they stand there and just hose it and you just sit and watch it come back up in the can. The trick is to get far enough back to where you can -launch- a stream towards the fire and cut it off so there is no stream for the fire to chase back up no way you can get burnt. I am a pyromaniac since I was like 7 at the family cookouts lol

funnier thing was my lazy buddy went out in the dark to take a piss and I would throw a papertowel on the fire and it lit up big again and he was out there taking a piss and everyone could see him. It was so funny!

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:31:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Wait i dont quite get it, a stray bullet went over the hill?  How could you even see a single bullet fly over a hill in  a hail of gunfire?  and you found the exact bullet?  this all seems crazy.  Can someone explain what exactlly happened and how you even knew it happened?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Well Sam, the realization that a round escaped over the hill came when it was stopped by the neighbor's siding a mile away.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top